Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Resolution

Here it is, January 2011! Wow, where has the time gone?? As you can see, I haven't blogged in well over a year. I have been horribly busy! I missed an entire year of blogging. I blame that mainly on Facebook because I have been able to "vent" there. I would love to start by recapping things that happened in 2010, but I have decided to save that for another post. Today I want to start fresh. That's what a new year is about, right? Starting fresh.

Today I woke up thinking What will my New Year's resolution be this year? I couldn't quite think of anything that is unique, attainable, and interesting. I hate to be boring and make the usually resolution of losing weight, saving money, being nicer, etc. Don't get me wrong, I do want to do all of those things, but I should commit to them as a resolution. So what should I resolve to do?? I just couldn't think of anything that struck me as good.....until I logged into Facebook tonight.

A friend from junior high shared a link to her blog on her profile. I started reading the preview and was very captivated. I read several of her entires and then it hit me! My resolution should be to blog more often! BRILLIANT!!! Thanks so much, Sharon!! I was just talking with some friends from work about the memories we DON'T have anymore. I can barely remember Nathan's and Ryan's first words, first walk, first games, etc. I do not want to forget all of those things! I have a baby book for the first year or so of their lives but not much else but picture since then. I now see that blogging is a GREAT way to help me capture memories.

So, here I am, blogging again. I intend to blog as often as possible, but not likely every day. I do have a lot to say and find this blog as a way to let it all out. There are days that I will probably make the blog private (if that is possible) just to use it as a diary or venting mechanism, but not share my insecurities, battles and maybe even trimphs with the whole world. Ya know?

Happy blogging to me!

No comments: